Nuts and seeds taste good and do you good, no dispute. Buuuuut… if you’re like me, sometimes you want to mix things up a bit and take a break from the same old taste. I like to get a bit naughty and indulge my sweet tooth. If you’re the same then this is for you!
Vanilla Almond Omega Crunch is a yummy crunchy treat I devised – combining my love of vanilla and sweet things with the benefits of almonds and omega-containing seeds. Use this for almost anything that you would put nuts or seeds on! The ingredients give a healthful boost of vitamin E and omega-3, 6 and 9 and the taste will keep you coming back for more! Both myself and the boy are quite fond of it just to nibble on, and I’m sure jars of the stuff are going to feature as a home-made Christmas gift this year!
For topping oatmeal…
Vanilla Almond Omega Crunch
Basic ratio – can be scaled up or down!
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon of Neal’s Yard Omega Sprinkle (or a mix of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, golden & brown linseeds)
- 1.5 tablespoons of powdered/icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine the nuts and omega sprinkle.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Add the vanilla extract so the sugar forms a paste and mix to coat the nuts and seeds.
- Squish into a thin layer on a baking tray or plate.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 15 minutes or until the mixture has gone from soggy to crispy.
- Break into pieces and add to fudge babies, granola, oatmeal… anything!
For adding crunch to fudgebabies…
Feel free to let me know what you think!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink