Who Am I?
Welcome to Sparking Snowflake! My name is Fiona, otherwise known as Fi. At the time of writing, I am I 24 years old and I live in London, England. I live with my boyfriend of 2 years (Allin) and housemate (James), plus the critters – rat brothers, Burton & Bailey. A random collection of facts about me, in no particular order:
- I love gingerbread lattes, om nom nom…
- My favourite colour varies from day to day, but current favourites are apple green, blue-turquoise and white.
- I have an iPhone but I only have a handful of app’s and I’m pretty sure I only use about 10% of it’s capabilities (oops.)
- Snow is incredible, and I have an ongoing love affair with snowflakes
- I have a BSc in Psychology
- I dislike the taste of water so usually add something – right now I’m on a Ribena kick
- When I was 14, a friend told me I looked like I’d just stepped out of a GAP advert… I was completely thrilled and will probably remember that forever
- I hate high heels but will wear them on special occasions
- I’ve been snowboarding since I was 14 and skiing since I was 10 years old
- Canada is probably the best country I’ve visited (& I’ve traveled a fair bit)
- I had/have depression and an eating disorder – I will talk a lot of the depression on this blog but I’d rather not go into the ED just yet and I will acknowledge the ED, but only in passing.
- A couple of days after we first met, I christened my now-boyfriend “dinosaurs” and still call him that all the time 😀
- I was born 3 months before my due date and have beaten the odds to grow up completely physically healthy
- Vanilla scented candles are amazing! As are cinnamon, sugar cookie and all the sweet delicious smelling types!
What is Sparkling Snowflake about?
I started this blog after a particularly rubbish day – I felt I had two choices, dwell on the negativity or try to bring about something positive. This blog is now a focus for me to stay on track with living a healthy life. I hope it will help me keep positive and battling through when depression strikes, but more than that I hope it will inspire me to make the most of each day regardless of how I’m feeling – good days can only get better too!
The name is partly inspired by the fact that I LOVE snow. And partly because each snowflake is unique and incredible even if it’s fragile. Sometimes I need to remember that about myself.